Sunday, January 16, 2011

Luv KChanté Exclusive: LKC Interviews Keshia Chanté (Pt 3)



LKC Interviews Keshia Chanté
Part 3 'Final Thoughts'
What's next for Keshia after Night & Day?
Will she get into acting or will she continue
to make more music? How does she feel about
acting & the future? Find out below.




As Told To LKC
November 4th, 2010

 
Would you ever start a charity or foundation and if so what would it be for?
KC: I am planning on starting my own charity. I've been through some difficult times and was lucky enough to have good family & friends who were there to support me through my darkest days. I was also lucky to have a form of therapy (writing this album) and encouraging fans who I would get messages from everyday that would remind me that I had more to do. They became my motivation. Unfortunately, not everybody is that lucky. I found out through the family & friends that were there for me, that they had gone through similar situations but they had nobody, they went through it alone. I couldn't imagine how difficult that was. I'd like to create something for people, especially girls and guys my age, where they can share what they are going through & have a support team to help them through it, like counseling and other people who are going through the same thing to share their stories. I'd also like to work with Sick Kid's Hospital in a bigger way on making their dreams come true.
What did you learn acting/working on the series 'SOUL' in 2009?
 KC: I love acting!! I love being on set with a cast & crew. I always thought I'd have a hard time remembering my lines, but I never forgot them. I also thought, I'd get bored of it and not feel stimulated, but I loved the challenge of each scene and working at trying to get better every day of filming. Acting is a new found love of mine. 'SOUL' also changed the way I sang. I've always been a more technical singer. Having to learn & sing gospel music, it's all about singing with raw feeling and letting emotion guide you as oppose to your ear. It taught me how to let my voice come from my heart and not my head (thinking about it all the time).
What can fans expect from this album and when will they be able to purchase/ hear the new singles?
 KC: I think fans can expect an emotional and enjoyable personal album. They will really get to know me & I hope enjoy what I have to offer. I make music because I love it, no other reason, so my intentions have been to make music that people can relate to and feel like the song was made just for them. I've gotten through my most difficult times by listening to music and writing music, so I feel like in this album, I'll be passing that on to my fans.

As for availability, right now Test Drive & Table Dancer are available on iTunes Canada & will be made available throughout the world on iTunes soon! (thank you for your patience!!). We are gearing up for the full launch of "Table Dancer" with a video coming out in the coming weeks. I hope to have the album released in Spring/Summer 2011, but mainly release lots of great singles before hand. I feel my fans deserve an opportunity to truly preview an album before purchasing it, so I'm hoping to put out as much stuff as possible before album release!
What are your plans for the future after promoting 'Night And Day'? Movies? More Acting?
 KC: After the album, I plan on taking no breaks and diving into the next album. I hope to write songs for other artists, possibly do some acting, discover other talent (maybe a rock band) & get them signed to a label, I plan on creating a clothing line "collection" but I don't want to be another artist making clothes, I want to study fashion & collaborate with Canadian talent. Also, do more schooling, there are some great business courses I'd like to take. All these things are what I'd like to do, but my priority is making more albums!

We hope that you enjoyed the interview, and if you didn't have a chance to submit your questions for this go-round, be sure and email us at luvkchantemain@yahoo.com  or hit us up on twitter at twitter.com/luvkcfansite and we'll be sure & get them in. Be sure & follow KC on twitter at twitter.com/KeshiaChante and check out her blog & official website: KeshiaChante.Wordpress.com & KeshiaChante.Com!
Copyright © Luv-KChanté 2010-2011


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails