Saturday, November 26, 2011

NEW INTERVIEW: 24 HOUR VANCOUVER GETS 24 SECONDS WITH KC



Here is yet another interview that has surfaced with Keshia and this time it features, 24 Hour Vancouver and Keshia covers her new album Night + Day in 24 seconds with Joe Leary. Read the short rapid fire interview below.

 Source: 24 Hour Vancouver



Keshia Chante, 23, is a Juno Award winning Canadian singer, songwriter, model and actress who has recently released her new CD, Night and Day.

Joe Leary spent 24 Seconds with the talented performer.

24: When you signed a recording contract at 14, did you see this becoming a full-time thing?

KC: I could see myself being in music from the time I was six. It’s something that I knew I wanted to do. For it to be realistic, it was 13 or 14 when I kind of reaffirmed that decision; every time I would go in the studio and learn something new and be able to use that lesson or trick next time and I remember how exciting that was for me to learn and get better.

24: What do you say when you meet young people who want to achieve some degree of celebrity?

KC: It took some time before I exactly knew how the music business worked. I think it’s really cool and I was just like they are when I was 13, but you really have to know the industry and the business because there’s a whole infrastructure within the business that you’re not going to know. It’s cool to want to sing but if you really want to be in control of what you do, you need to know the music industry the same way an entertainment lawyer would. I would say study it top to bottom and don’t lave any corner untouched.

24: As a Canadian artist, do you take pride that so many of your peers continue to dominate on the international music scene?

KC: I take great pride, especially with the way the Internet works and it being so accessible. We have an amazing amount of talent in Canada, which is why I love the Junos and Canadian Music Week where we get to celebrate our talents. But I definitely take great pride in it and it goes to show you that it doesn’t really matter where you’re from.

24: You’ve won a Juno. That must be very gratifying.

KC: It’s always very exciting. The Juno Awards are just like the Grammy’s in the sense that the nominees and winners are chosen by your peers. No one wants to work hard and have no one see the work so I’m definitely grateful for it. It’s never about winning but every loves the idea of winning but it’s never about that. In my opinion, you win just by being nominated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails