Friday, October 21, 2011

RECAP: #askKC TWITTER CHAT (TRANSCRIPT)


Hey #KCRyders! For those of you who were unable to attend the #askKC twitter chat today, never fear. Below you can view the entire chat and see if questions that you may have wanted to ask were answered. Keshia and her fans covered everything from style, her new album, favorite vaction place, the late great Aaliyah,  favorite pastimes, favorite songs to listen to, her upcoming tour, and much more! View it all in it's entirety, after the cut.



#askKC Twitter Chat  10/21/2011 : TRANSCRIPT

*Twitter names were removed for privacy*

KeshiaChante: Twitter chat happening now! #askKC

 1. #askKC Will #KCRyders be able to pre order your album?

KeshiaChante:    Pre-order won't be available to US BUT will be available Nov 8 on iTunes US + for physical copy

2. when will we ever have an R&B song as a single? Could you PLEASE release "Hang My Jersey Up" &"If U Say" as singles?!

KC: R&b single will definitely come! We are hoping for 8 singles on this album! My heart is in R&B & it will happen! xo

3. what aspired you to become a singer?

KC: The rush from being on stage inspired me to become a singer. Singing is such a high & I wanted to do it forever

4.   can you folllow me??????

KC: done!

5. Are you going to perform in Ottawa somewhere this year? :)

KC: #askKC For sure! I'm designing my tour now & Ottawa will definitely be a stop. 613 is my 1st home!! xo

6. What inspired you to sing instead of the other things?

KC: #askKC My love for music inspired me to pursue music as a profession but my 1st performance motivated me to take it serious

7. #askKC are you going to tour the US? Because that would be amazing to see you perform live. You are the best :)

KC: I would LOVE to tour the US! I've done something small before but we def have plans! I have an amazing agent too!!

8. #askKC So what in Day & Night inspired your title and the inspiration behind each of your songs?

KC: #askKC When I made Pillow Talk & Table Dancer, they were so different from one another, it was literally like Night&Day

9.  If I wanted to come see you perform in Canada, would have to trade my US dollars for Canadian dollars to get tickets?

KC:  Aw if u came to Canada to see me perform, u would have to get tix in canadian currency lol :) I was in love with XTina, Destiny's Child, Mya, TLC, Janet, everyone, I used to sing in the mirror to their songs

10. #askKC will the #11-8-11 launch of come with an all-ages promo tour across Canada?

KC: a 100%! all ages + club + theatres!

11.  #askKC Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?

KC: #askKC 5years I see myself with 3 more albums, mega tours & married. 10 years still making music, designing + finding talent

12. #askKC When will you shoot the music video for EC+DU?

KC: #askKC probably in a few weeks! I really wanna take my time & make something different with this one!!! hiii boo

13. #askKC what happen to the original marketing plan of releasing a single from each side of the album? Almost all of "Night" is singles. :(

KC: That was the plan & I still plan to release Day side singles. The label/radio folks have been pushing certain songs #askKC but after ED&D I will be going hard w/ the Day side! U guys, will dictate more after album is out!

14. #askKC will your fans be able to pick your next single? It'd be nice, considering...

KC: #askKC good idea! Ill tell team!

15. #askKC what's up with the long hiatuses between singles + promo?

KC: #askKC sometimes it's label, team, radio, different aspects effect delays. But I'm always on top of stuff!

16. do you wear a weave? ;)

KC: #askKC Lol!! No weave boo, hairs all mine & real. Sometimes I add extensions & I did blonde for Table Dancer video

17. #askKC How do you find the strength to stay true to who you are as an artist in the music industry?

KC: #askKC U just have to! I wouldn't feel good about myself at night if I wasn't true to myself but u do get pushed in diff  directions, but u gotta stand ur ground. Plus I'm not afraid to get GANGSTA on folks for my fans lol

18. #askKC if you could change ONE thing about your career, what would it be & why?

KC: more details about my life & give u an indepth look this album. The break made me who I am today but I wish I was faster

19. #askKC: what was the recording/ writing process for the Night & Day record like?

KC:  #askKC Very organic. Just vibing with my incred musical/production team. Ideas from my diary coming to life

20. #askKC when does your tour start

KC: #askKC were thinking February! I'm designing tour now & I'm sooooo excited!!

21.  Can I get added to the KCRyders list and/or a follow? :)

KC: done!!!

22. #askKC if you could be someone else for a day who would it be and why?

KC: #askKC If I could be anyone for a day it would be Jay-Z! lol.. I just love his talking voice, it makes me giggle lol

23. is there going to be a chance of any collaborations outside of Night & Day? *points to Brandy, Tank & Chris Brown*

KC: #askKC I would love to. Brandy is a FAV! omg. Tank is dope. Breezy I love. They are definitely on the dream list

24. #AskKC what are u going to dress up as for Halloween?

KC: #askKC Either a genie or some sort of sexy cat lol

25. #askKC Where do you see your career spawning to in the future? And Do you have any intentions on releasing music overseas?

KC: #askKC I see my career definitely evolving & being able to share my music more & more all over the world! Night&Day will be avail worldwide on iTunes. In stores in Canada & physically shipped to fans on

26. why is promo for your new album seeming more & more like a train wreck? Lack of TV promo, promo in general, etc. :(

KC: #askKC US fans dont see everything happening in Canada & sometimes things happen but we work hard & promo comin is killer

27. Hey Keshia - do you prefer performing live or recording songs in the studio?

KC: #askKC I prefer performing live for the adrenaline!! for sureee

28. #askKC how many pairs of Loubis do you have? (So we can all shed a tear, snif snif, and be jealous LOL)

KC: #askKC awww lmao!! Hey Cat!! lol, I probably own 20 pairs of Louboutins :S lol

29. will you post more acoustic performances? I'd love to hear you do Dear Mama side by side with your old footage at 5 :-D

KC: #askKC 100%! I have Chante Session's coming to YouTube soon with live performances + old footage! i gotchu!!

30. #askKC do you enjoy learning how to play piano and guitar do you like to learn new things? =)

KC: #askKC I loved learning guitar for Test Drive video & piano in general is fun to use as a tool to write music :)

31. when will you do more online performances? i like to hear you do Ex Factor by Lauryn Hill or Come Over by Faith Evans

KC: #askKC OMG! I love both those songs. We are already working on Lauryn Hill cause shes my fav!!!

32. what do you enjoy most acting or singing ,which one do you feel the most comfortable doing for your career goes on?

KC:  Singing is my #1 always & forever. I plan to find more artists & also direct. I love acting, we'll see tho! xo

33. Of all your songs, which is your favourite to perform live?

KC:  favorite song to perform live right now is Fallen! Acoustic. Sometimes Unpredictable acoustic. Gives me chills

34. is "the movie" in works? Will we see you as Aaliyah? Btw, I ♥ u voice!

KC: #askKC I was asked. Her family aren't ready but unfortunately they dont control her estate so they are pushing to still do it.

35.#askKC what kinds of music do you listen to in your spare time are you old school or do you have an ecclectic soul and listen to everything?

KC: #askKC I listen to a lot of rap music. + old r&b 80s/90s. TLC, Jodeci, Aaliyah, H-Town, list goes on lol

36.  #askKC do you ever sit back and reminence over your career be like dang I remember this I remember that and now I'm on # 3 cd?

KC: I think about the worldwind that is my career at times but I try not to. I wanna keep looking ahead & not be satisfied

37. #askKC What is your favorite Chris Brown song?

KC:  That's so hard... I love look at me now & the one with Bieber

38. Do you plan on doing shows in the US?

KC:  i definitely do! working on it

_______________________________________________________________________

*Tweet Deck Replies*


KC: (on what's in her closet) #askKC BCBG hands down is my store. My whole closet is a big BCBG love fest.. for sure lol

KC: (on her dream male colabo) #askKC dream male collab would be Kanye

KC:  (on starting her on line) #askKC totally thought of starting my own line.. Perfume, Shoes & clothes. Accessories are on the way!

 KC: (Giving Advice to Upcoming/Aspiring artists)  how to be confident on stage, watch your performances back & critique it hard & practice with new adjustments always film ur stuff also!!!

KC: (in regards to Aaliyah Comparisons) #askKC Aaliyah comparisons are hard & have been said before I made music. I am just me & I know eventually ppl will c that

KC: (in regards to performing in Montreal) #askKC J'ADORE MONTREAL! I will perform there soon!! Last 2 shows there were sold out!! my MTL fans go HARD! xo

KC: (on her fav places to shop) #askKC BCBG, Davids Footwear, Barneys, Neiman Marcus, Saks lol... I love Aritizia also

KC: (on why she loves her career) i just love music, love singing. after my first performance at 6 I knew it was something I wanted to do

39. what has been your weirdest experience with a fan? ::Your very talented! <3

KC: Done! Weirdest experience with a fan would be ones that have snuck on my property lol

40. #askKC when are u releasing an album in the US

KC: new album will be available on itunes worldwide, but physically for US fans, + autographed

41. If you had one day to have some fun where would you be and what would you do.

KC: I would say in St. Barths with friends & fam shopping & enjoying the warm weather

42. #askKC What is the meaning behind "Hang My Jersey Up"? (Its a real cool laid back R&B song that be takin for consideration)

KC: Guys always say I'm a player, but I met one that made me want to stop the games, retire my jersey!

KC: Somehow tweetdeck allowed us to do more questions! I love you guys!! Thank u!! Stay tuned for more fun stuff next week!


                                                             END CHAT


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails